Followers

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Answer-YES?, or NO?


Time marches on. It is now approximately six months before we begin cruising. I need to notify my boss I will be leaving.

One thing I never liked at work is CHANGE. Hiring staff is stressful. Firing staff is stressful. Having staff leave is stressful. My leaving in a few months is likely to be stressful to Sergio. I was not sure how he would react. However, it has to be done and with plenty of notice hopefully it will not be to bad.

I called the office and asked if I could talk with the doctor for a few minutes. The staff arranged a time just before lunch on a Monday. I arrived at about 11:55 AM and we went into his office and closed the door. I said I loved working with him, but I needed to go sailing again-sometime around September, October, or November, 2008. By our departure date it would be the end of hurricane season in the north eastern Pacific and we could safely leave and sail south. I would be back in southern California in six months, a year, or????

Sergio responded, "that is a long way off, everything will work out fine". He was off to lunch.

WOW! That was not hard. I think his answer was yes, have a good time and good luck.

The wheels continue to roll toward our future cruise.

Ted

No comments: