
Our friends, Lonnie and Mark Philbrick, are experienced cruisers. They have sailed extensively on the East Coast, Caribbean and Mexico. Mark is the captain I have helped deliver boats along the Pacific coast. They both highly recommend pressure cookers. Mark carries his own personal pressure cooker on all his deliveries. That is quite a recommendation.
Claudia's birthday is coming up so I decided a pressure cooker would be a perfect gift. I ordered her one. Tonight I am cooking dinner for Claudia in her new pressure cooker. I really take care of Claudia!!!! She is a saint to be married to me for 39 years.
The menu will be "Soy Chicken", with rice and vegetables. Hopefully, it will not explode and we will not be eating supper off the ceiling. We will all find out how it all goes in our next entry.
The recipe out of the Presto instruction booklet was "Soy Chicken" it said:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 onion sliced
1/2 cup sliced celery
3 tablespoons brown sugar
Place all ingredients in cooker. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 4 minutes with the pressure regulator rocking slowly. Let pressure drop of its own accord.
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 onion sliced
1/2 cup sliced celery
3 tablespoons brown sugar
Place all ingredients in cooker. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 4 minutes with the pressure regulator rocking slowly. Let pressure drop of its own accord.
The pressure cooker is intended to cook meals more quickly, maintain natural flavors, tenderize meat and help retain all nature's vitamins and minerals. I sound like a salesman, actually I just sound like Mark. Claudia now gets the award now for rapid meal preparation and I cannot see how she can do it any faster.
Using the cooker during our cruising it will mean we will be able to go longer without refilling our propane tanks.
Ted and Claudia
No comments:
Post a Comment